The following media toolkit contains templates and information to help your regional committee, government or organization promote your activities during Invasive Species Action Month:
Social Media Resources
- Use the social media content calendar - suggested posts, links -
- Download the Invader of the Day photos, and social media profile headers, to promote engagement on the social media channels Twitter, Facebook & Instagram
- Save this Facebook cover image and upload to your Facebook page as your cover image for the month of May
- Use the Invader of the Day web content to populate your website and e-bulletins
- Click here to edit the event poster template and follow these steps:
- Create your own free Postermywall login OR login with your Facebook a/c (prompt is on right-hand;
- Edit the poster
- "Save a copy"
- Use the media alert template, adding in your own information as directed, to let media know in advance about an event coming up that they might want to cover.
- Use the news release template, adding in your own information as directed, to send media information for a story they could write about your programs once they have launched.
- Use the key messages to prepare your spokespeople, whether they are giving interviews to media or putting out posts on social media.
For help with any of the above resources contact Ally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gail Wallin, Executive Director, Invasive Species Council of BC
For more information on invasive species, visit the ISCBC website: www.bcinvasives.ca