The following media toolkit contains templates and information to help your regional committee, government or organization promote your activities during Invasive Species Action Month:
Digital Media Resources
ISAM 2018 Logo
- Use this logo (322 x 189 pixels) on your promotional materials
- For a higher res square logo, use this (800 x 800 pixels)
Social Media Content Calendar
- Download the calendar to access suggested daily posts for Facebook and Twitter, complete with links and corresponding graphics.
- Why not use the social media post content on your website and e-bulletins?
Invasive Species Short Educational Videos
- Visit the dropbox folder and upload new educational videos to your social media channel or website and share with your audience
Social Media Postcards
- Click here to access the Dropbox folder to download and attach postcard graphics and photos to daily posts on social media.
Twitter Profile Cover Graphic
- Upload this graphic (1500 x 500 pixels) to your Twitter profile to promote engagement.
Facebook Profile Cover Graphic
- Upload this graphic (820 x 340 pixels) to your Facebook page as your cover image to promote engagement in ISAM.
- Upload this graphic (1200 x 400 pixels) to your website as a banner.
- Upload this graphic (600 x 200 pixels) and use in your email as a banner.
What's In My Backyard? Photo Contest
- Use this graphic to promote the photo contest
- Download the ISAM Event poster template (MS Word) - it is easy to edit and customize for your event
- Use the media alert template, adding in your own information as directed, to let media know in advance about an event coming up that they might want to cover.
- Use the news release template, adding in your own information as directed, to send media information for a story they could write about your programs once they have launched.
- Use the key messages to prepare your spokespeople, whether they are giving interviews to media or use as posts on social media.
For help with any of the above resources contact Ally at email@example.com.
Gail Wallin, Executive Director, Invasive Species Council of BC
For more information on invasive species, visit the ISCBC website: bcinvasives.ca
Invasive Species Council of British Columbia and Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development; VICTORIA; Tuesday, May 1, 2018 8:15 AM - Renewed focus on invasive species by government, partners. The Government of British Columbia and the Invasive Species Council of B.C. have renewed their commitment to effectively manage invasive species in the province, with an updated five-year strategic plan and the proclamation of May 2018 as Invasive Species Action Month.